By emphasizing hands-on laboratory work in addition to core content, the Physics curriculum at Washington and Jefferson College encourages students to develop transferrable skills such as data acquisition and analysis, computation, electronics, fabrication, and oral and written scientific communication.
Physics students are prepared to contribute meaningfully to research in science and industry; to pursue graduate study in physics, engineering, and other technical fields; and to apply quantitative and problem-solving techniques in fields such as medicine, finance, and technology.
Careers After W&J
- Research, including at national laboratories and in industry
- Engineering and product R&D
- Finance, including financial planning and financial analysis
- Graduate programs and careers in engineering, including electrical, mechanical, software
- PhD programs in physics, biological physics, biomedical engineering
- Careers in medicine, including veterinary medicine (DVM) and combined MD/PhD programs
- Biological Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Electricity And Magnetism
- Experimental Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences Electronics & Embedded Technology View 1699 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores
- SAT or ACT Scores. Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances
International49612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49612 USD per year during 48 months.
National49612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.