Students often find that the skills emphasized in our music courses, such as critical thinking, listening, collaboration, and writing, are relevant to most disciplines and professions.
As a result, the major and minor in Music from Washington and Jefferson College constitute excellent preparation for graduate study in music and related fields in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; for careers in performance, media, and culture industries; or for any occupation demanding clear and original thinking, command of the written word, analytical and listening skills, and creativity. Many of our courses take advantage of our location close to Pittsburgh, a vibrant city with great live performance and plenty of cultural opportunities.
The Department of music offers three Track Emphases that have been designed to provide unique focus and specialization within the music major.
- Literature & Theory: an emphasis designed for students who wish to pursue graduate studies in musicology, ethnomusicology, music theory, or composition.
- Performance: an emphasis intended for students who wish to pursue careers in instrumental or vocal performances, or performance-related fields, such as music theory and conducting.
- Media: an emphasis designed for students with professional interests in music technology, audio and film production, sound engineering, or composition.
- The Art of Conducting
- African Pop
- Music Theory
- Digital Audio Recording and Manipulation
- Music in the Natural Environment
- The History of Underground Dance Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Music Musicology View 1134 other Bachelors in Musicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores
- SAT or ACT Scores. Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances
International49612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49612 USD per year during 48 months.
National49612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.