Students in the 3-2 Engineering Program can major in mathematics by completing seven W&J mathematics courses required for the major, and transferring back selected courses from an engineering school to satisfy the remaining math major requirements. Students also can seek Secondary or Upper Elementary Education Certification in Mathematics.
The Mathematics major and minor at Washington and Jefferson College are associated with the Department of Mathematics. A major requires 10 courses and a minor requires six. Courses for majors and minors are determined from a list approved by the mathematics faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to calculus, algebra, geometry and statistics courses, courses also are offered in Complex Variables, Graph Theory, Discrete Mathematical Structures, and Topology, among others. Opportunities for independent study are available.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 998 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.