The Environmental Studies Program equips students with the knowledge, tools, and opportunities needed to engage with environmental issues spawned from the dynamics of climate change, ecological degradation, globalization, economic activity, and societal values. Our Program’s mission is to graduate men and women who are environmentally literate, socially responsible, effective problem solvers and agents of change for the benefit of society, nature, and themselves.
The Program seeks to instill a personal sense of environmental stewardship that includes an appreciation and understanding of sustainability from ecological and socioeconomic perspectives. Courses in the Program empower students with necessary scientific, technological, and critical thinking skills. Internships and independent research provide opportunities for practical application of acquired knowledge and skills. The Program offers a major and minor in Environmental Studies, and a major in Environmental Science.
This degree program in Environmental Studies is offered by the Washington and Jefferson College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For more information please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 1187 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.