The English program prepares students for careers that require communication skills, cultural breadth, strong writing and research skills, and an ability to read, synthesize, and analyze written material.
The English major and minor are associated with the Department of English. A major requires 10 courses and a minor requires six. Students may also seek Secondary or Upper Elementary Education Certification in English/Language Arts. Students also can pursue a minor or concentration in Professional Writing, and independent study opportunities are available.
This degree program in English is offered by the Washington and Jefferson College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses include literary history and analysis, professional writing, and creative writing.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 2851 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.