As a Music student at Bethany Lutheran College you will enjoy fine facilities for instruction and practice. You will also have the opportunity to join with other students who love to sing and play. Our performance groups aim for polished presentations while providing everyone with the opportunity for refreshment in both rehearsals and performances. Most importantly, Bethany’s music major is built on a strong Christian foundation and understanding of music’s spiritual purpose and strength.
Potential careers in music include: church musician; composer; conductor; music arranger, educator, librarian, or manager; performer; publisher; musical theatre performer; and sound designer.
- Theory, composition, and music skills: Students will be able to create, manipulate and analyze musical structures typical of the major historical musical periods, utilizing the many elements of musical language such as melody, harmony, rhythm, form, timbre, and notation.
- Music history: Students will be able to demonstrate visual, aural, and factual knowledge about the art of music of the Western Civilization and the cultural heritage of music from around the world through competence in the use of analog as well as digital resources for research into musical history and literature.
- Ensemble experience: Students will be able to rehearse and perform a wide variety of music with others in ensemble situations with an understanding of how to modify individual performance skills for the good of the larger performing entity.
- Studio music: Students will demonstrate the technique necessary to perform representative repertoire of the major musical periods on their primary instrument.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Communication and Technology
- Music Theatre
- Survey of World Dance
- Music of the Renaissance and Baroque
- Music of the Baroque and Classic Era
- Music of the 19th Century
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 2280 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school transcript (or college transcript for transfer students)
- Copy of any certificate or degree obtained
- Results from TOEFL, IELTS, or another approved English proficiency indicator.
- If the student is from an English-speaking country, then official ACT or SAT scores shall be evaluated instead of English proficiency test.
- For students transferring from another US college or university, the test requirements may be waived pending review of official college transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation
- Certificate of financial responsibility and supporting documents (bank statement)
- Passport copy
International27700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27700 USD per year during 48 months.
National27700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27700 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Mankato
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.