Students in the Film and Digital Media program of Avila University have opportunities to:
- Shoot 4k video
- Make narrative films, documentaries, animations, corporate videos, experimental films, music videos, webcasts
- Edit video with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Create special FX with Adobe After Effects
- Be part of MicroCinema (our Avila University sponsored student-run organization)
- Write screenplays using industry standard Final Draft software
- Manipulate images and create titles in Adobe Photoshop
- Develop web design skills and create websites
- Participate in local film festivals, and network with national and international filmmakers
- Attend screenings and panels with visiting filmmakers
- Watch movies and eat pizza
Additional experience is gained from professional internships. These practical experiences and professional contacts translate into a competitive advantage in the job market.
All film and digital media students complete a portfolio showcasing their professional work prior to graduation.
A Film and Digital Media degree is an entrée into a wide variety of 21st Century careers which involve creating powerful communication tools. The New York Times has called cinema studies the New MBA because it is not "so much a profession as the professional language of the future," teaching skills that are applicable to a wide variety of careers. Thus, the career prospects for this exciting field continue to grow and be re-defined.
Students commonly seek positions in Film/Video Editing, Screenwriting, Videography, Special Effects, Animation, Documentary Filmmaking, Directing, Producing Commercials, Designing Social Media and Web Content, and Broadcast News or Sports Reporting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Film
- Corporate Scriptwriting
- Digital Media: Shooting & Lighting
- Digital Media: Editing & Audio
- Intermediate Production
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Communication Sciences View 976 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in United States
- High school grade point averages of 2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
- ACT score of 20 or above or SAT score of 1020 (CRW+ Math) or above
- For successful admission to the university, Avila strongly recommends that high school applicants complete 16 units of college preparatory coursework
- Official High School Transcripts
- If English is not the first language of your country and you do not have an English Placement Exam for undergrad courses, please pursue an English Language Learner program to prepare yourself for academic courses here at Avila University
International29685 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29685 USD per year during 48 months.
National21115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21115 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.