The B.S. Nursing program at Alcorn State University seeks to prepare nurses to meet the health needs of the community and clients across the lifespan through the use of evidence-based practice and applications of knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to deliver safe, competent, and high quality client-centered care in complex healthcare environments.
- Manage nursing care provided to clients, families and groups across the lifespan from the diverse backgrounds in a variety of settings to ensure that it is compassionate, age and culturally appropriate and based on a client's background, preferences, values, and needs.
- Collaborate with members of the inter-professional healthcare team to manage and coordinate the provision of safe, quality care for clients, families, and groups.
- Synthesize the best current evidence and clinical expertise when making clinical decisions in the provision of client-centered care.
- Use quality improvement measures to evaluate the delivery of client-centered care and client outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective use of strategies to mitigate errors and reduce the risk of harm to clients, self and others in healthcare, home, and community settings.
- Integrate evidence-based information and client care technology to communicate relevant client information, manage care and mitigate error in the provision of safe, quality client-centered care.
- Assimilate integrity and accountability into practices that uphold established regulatory, legal and ethical principles while providing standard-based care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Research studies
- Language studies
- Common basic courses in health and social studies
- Clienthood in the field of health and social services
- Health promotion and well-being
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for admission are accepted any time during the calendar year.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 630 other Bachelors in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must have the following items on file in the Office of Admissions in order for your application to be processed:
- Application for Admissions (signed)
- ACT/SAT Scores (Freshmen only)
- Appropriate final Transcripts (High School or College)
- Immunization Records (MMR)
- Photocopy of Social Security Card
International7290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3645 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3645 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Mission
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.