The major in International Relations and Diplomacy at Illinois Dominican University is designed to prepare students to enter international agencies on the private, governmental, or worldwide level. Examples of such organizations—with headquarters in the United States or abroad—are CARE, the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (part of NAFTA), or the World Bank.
A background in international affairs and at least one foreign language are considered essential for minimal competitiveness in the international field. International relations and diplomacy is one of the most competitive fields in politics and successful students must be willing to go beyond the minimum requirements to be accepted into the best graduate schools and to gain entry-level positions. The student will work with the major advisor to develop a coherent course of studies for his or her area of interest.
In addition to coursework, Study Abroad China: Modernization and Tradition is also available for political science credit. Students are urged to consider this opportunity and many others to study abroad. Internship experience is also critical to a competitive political science degree. Please consult an advisor about the many internship opportunities, including Dominican's affiliation with the Washington Internship Institute.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- International Relations
- American Government
- Introduction to Methodology in Political Science
- American Foreign Policy
- International Security and Conflict Resolution
- History of International Relations Since 1914
- International Law
- Politics of Developing Areas
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 585 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.