At the English in Writing, you will be equipped with an innovative mind and given the advanced techniques in order to articulate greater possibilities for our world. In our human history and in every culture, the desire to create with language has guided artists who in turn make their creations available to others.
At Eastern University, we believe this desire reflects our being formed in our Creator’s image. We also believe that creative writing can be learned, practiced, and honed as an academic discipline in community, while paradoxically generated in solitude. Because of that paradox there is opportunity for the student to grow as a writer and as a person.
Why Students Choose Eastern
- Perhaps it is their inquisitive character, their constant pursuit of justice by writing from the perspective of the downtrodden or underrepresented.
- For instance, one of our students wanted to write a collection of short stories about Mexican and Latin American immigrants in the U.S. For research, she met with members of Eastern’s cleaning staff and began an English-Spanish language exchange, as well as a lasting relationship with these women.
- Or perhaps it is their desire to transform the world with the mystery of language.
- Our students and graduates have been published in Sojourners, Prism, Arts and Letters, Ruminate, Hayden’s Ferry Review, Prairie Schooner, The Sun, and Fourth Genre, among other magazines and journals.
- Critical Reading
- Creative Writing
- Writing Seminar
- Writing Assistant Training Seminar
- Advanced Writing: Essay
- Advanced Writing: Poetry
- Advanced Writing: Memoir
- Advanced Writing: Short Fiction
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Eastern operates on rolling admissions. International students are encouraged to apply at least 90 days before the beginning of the program.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 488 other Bachelors in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply to Eastern University:
- Print & Mail
- Official high school transcript or official GED
- SAT or ACT score results: Optional for high school students. Required for consideration for our top academic scholarship, as well as for certain majors.
- Academic Reference: Print & Mail
- Optional essay question: After reading the mission statement of Eastern University, please describe how you see your talents, interests and abilities fitting into the mission of the University. Maximum one page.
International34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.