The English - Literature program offered by Eastern University, one can easily pursue any career (including occupations in nursing, law, web design, activism, teaching or publishing) because the ability to interpret the complexity of human behavior and to interact with care and intelligence are necessary skills in our contemporary world.
Because students become fluent with the multiple social, political, and religious perspectives offered by Multi-Ethnic, International, American, and European writing, they are able to appreciate and work with a diversity of individuals. In addition, the world is increasingly requiring teamwork, and thus the ability to take actions, listen carefully and speak intelligently are essential skills that students are trained to master in our department.`
Why Choose Eastern?
- Well, Eastern University English Majors know that studying English is not just about grammar.
- They understand that studying literature is about reading and interpreting everything, from analyzing television commercials for racial stereotypes to identifying the psychological motivations of Iago in Shakespeare's Othello. Within the major, our English students are exposed to so many disciplines--such as psychology, economics, theology, communications, and gender studies--that they are able to take the practical skills they have learned in analyzing culture to any occupation. They become leaders who have the ability to see what is and to imagine what can be.
- Survey of British Literature
- American Literature
- Literary Criticism and Theory
- Studies in Drama
- Studies in Poetry
- Studies in the Novel and Short Fiction
- Post-Colonial Women's Novels
- Seminar by the Sea: Gender Studies
- Masterpieces of European Literature
- Russian Literature in Translation
- Chaucer & Medieval Literature
- Renaissance Studies
- James Joyce Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Eastern operates on rolling admissions. International students are encouraged to apply at least 90 days before the beginning of the program.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 1719 other Bachelors in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply to Eastern University:
- Print & Mail
- Official high school transcript or official GED
- SAT or ACT score results: Optional for high school students. Required for consideration for our top academic scholarship, as well as for certain majors.
- Academic Reference: Print & Mail
- Optional essay question: After reading the mission statement of Eastern University, please describe how you see your talents, interests and abilities fitting into the mission of the University. Maximum one page.
International34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.