Students take upper-level biology courses in Ecology, Environmental Issues, Environmental Regulation and Policy, and at least two field biology electives courses, preferably at a full-time summer field course program such as the Au Sable Institute for Environmental Studies. (Field biology electives are also offered at Eastern University.)
This Environmental Science major helps prepare students for policy work (including at local levels), environmental research or consulting, environmental education, graduate studies related to ecology, and law school, particularly for environmental law.
Why Choose Eastern?
- Personalized teaching: Our largest classes (60-80 students) are our two introductory courses. Otherwise, upper level courses have approximately 20 students or less. Senior research and thesis classes are limited to 5 students. Students can have extensive faculty contact both during and outside of classes and have diverse course offerings each semester
- Faculty research and service: Students can receive credit in directed research projects working with professors in their area of expertise.
- Christian faith integration: We seek to integrate a Christian worldview with our study of biology. We seek to integrate a Christian worldview - truth God has revealed in the Bible - with our study of the measurable. This includes wrestling with the best responses to new knowledge and technologies, whether issues of global climate change, applications of genetics or issues surrounding evolution.
- General Biology
- Environmental Issues
- Environmental Regulations and Policy
- Environmental Theology
- Creation, Evolution, and the Organization of Biology
- Essentials of Economics
- American Government
- International Relations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Eastern operates on rolling admissions. International students are encouraged to apply at least 90 days before the beginning of the program.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences Genetics View 970 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply to Eastern University:
- Print & Mail
- Official high school transcript or official GED
- SAT or ACT score results: Optional for high school students. Required for consideration for our top academic scholarship, as well as for certain majors.
- Academic Reference: Print & Mail
- Optional essay question: After reading the mission statement of Eastern University, please describe how you see your talents, interests and abilities fitting into the mission of the University. Maximum one page.
International34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.