Italian majors must complete 32 semester hours in the language beyond ITAL 111, 102, Elementary Italian II. Required courses focus on:
- Advanced language skills
- Italian civilization and culture
- Literature of Italy
All Italian majors at Illinois Dominican University are encouraged to study abroad during their time at Dominican. Students who study at one of Dominican’s programs overseas and wish to have these courses count towards the Italian major must get prior written approval from the Italian discipline director.
There are internship opportunities for qualified students. These include positions in education and in the Italian business sectors.
Within the Chicago metropolitan area alone, Dominican University foreign language graduates might work in international corporations, government, manufacturing, travel and transportation or education.
Foreign language majors tend to be curious and eager to meet new people and experience new situations. Employers welcome employees with these traits, so the career possibilities are almost endless.
Combining foreign language study with business or education coursework increases graduates’ career options even more. But interested students should seek faculty guidance early to ensure timely completion of all degree requirements.
The Department of Modern Foreign Languages prepares students for careers in:
- International corporations
- Interpreting and Translation
- Fashion design/marketing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Elementary Italian
- Italian Civilization and Culture
- Italian-American Culture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 2809 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.