Breakthroughs in technology are giving people access to unprecedented amounts of information, creating the need for skilled professionals who can manage that information and put it to work for the common good.
Five Reasons to Study Informatics at Illinois Dominican University
- You’ll develop the big data skills in high demand today
- You’ll open doors to rewarding careers in health care, information technology, business, finance and many other industries
- You’ll draw on Dominican’s century-long tradition of distinction in information sciences
- You’ll be part of one of today’s fastest-growing, most relevant and most exciting fields
- You’ll be ready to make meaningful contributions to society through information and technology
- Dominican offers both a major and a minor in informatics. All students complete the university’s core curriculum requirements through the Rosary College of Arts and Sciences.
- Dominican’s informatics program offers specialties like cybersecurity, health informatics, organizational informatics and community informatics.
- You’ll learn in a flexible, hybrid course format—combining the personal interaction and attention of small classes with the ease of access and rapid response of online learning.
- To think critically about the ways people use and access technology.
- To communicate to a general audience issues related to information technology.
- To explain how ethical problems, legal documents, policy constructions, and social issues interact with and reflect the nature of information technology.
- To manage projects: people, timelines, resources, goals and outcomes.
- To work collaboratively in teams to accomplish goals.
- You’ll develop socio-technical expertise and an advanced technical skill set in specific informatics contexts, and you’ll acquire the big data skills in high demand today.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Foundations of Informatics
- Foundations Information Technology
- Methods of Inquiry into Informatics
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Non-Majors
- Computer Programming
- Introduction to Data Science
- Computer Programming II - Data Structures
- Project Management
- Principles of Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 620 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.