Graduates will have exciting new career options as the country transitions from a fossil fuel based energy and economy infrastructure to one that integrates more sustainable and renewable energy sources. Students in the Sustainability Studies major at Otterbein University will explore concepts such as benefits and limitations of various renewable/sustainable energies, changes in energy infrastructure related to new sources of energy, and societal issues related to these changes.
Post-Otterbein opportunities for students include:
- Graduate studies in technology fields (land use and planning, engineering technology, physical sciences, etc.) related to building, planning, energy conservation, new resource development, etc.
- Careers in non-profit organizations, advocacy groups and government agencies that work with sustainability issues.
- MBA programs that focus on resource economics and redevelopment strategies.
- Careers in planning focused on resource utilization and distribution, infrastructure development and investment.
- Career opportunities in technology fields related to development and distribution of renewable energy sources.
- Careers related to land use management practices, from both conservation and redevelopment (Brownfield development) perspectives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Environmental Science
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Environmental Political Theory
- Environmental Sociology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 156 other Bachelors in Sustainable Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.