The Physics major at Otterbein University is designed to prepare students for advanced study in physics, engineering, or other technical disciplines, for employment in industry, or for a teaching at the secondary level.
The Physics major provides a rigorous grounding in fundamental physics, fosters critical thinking and creative problem solving, and provides broad practical training in science and technology. It is designed to prepare you for advanced study in physics, engineering or other technical disciplines, for employment in industry, or for teaching at the secondary level. Physics graduates are in high demand in any area where analytical thinking and problem solving are important, and our students have also gone on to careers in computer programming, finance, law, and medicine.
You are also encouraged to participate in research with a faculty member, which, depending on interests, may start as early as the freshman year. Physics faculty members have active research programs in experimental atomic physics, experimental particle physics, and theoretical and computational particle physics. Experimental research is carried out in the Otterbein Atomic Physics lab and at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Multivariable Calculus
- Principles of Physics
- Mathematical Methods for Physics
- Experimental Methods
- Classical Mechanics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Quantum Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 1345 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.