Historians explore the processes of change that cross societies, connect cultures, and link our increasingly complex and global present with the past. By offering a range of courses covering the diversity of historical experience across the globe and from ancient times to the dawn of our own century, our curriculum presents a rich field of narrative and analysis.
By exploring narratives and analyzing patterns of change, students of the History course from Otterbein University will develop the skills of critical thinkers and writers: the independent identification and interpretation of sources, the construction of meaningful arguments, and the clear explanation and compelling expression of evidence and ideas.
The Department of History and Political Science offers a major and minor in History, as well as an Integrated Social Studies Teacher Licensure (grades 7-12).
Career Opportunities and Future Paths
A degree in history provides students with the training and background needed to attain success in a variety of professions and pursuits, including teaching, working in public history (including museums), law school and government, business, library and information science, and community service.
- Career Opportunities: Students majoring in history are prepared to enter a variety of occupations and professions. Career paths include working for archives, historical societies, museums, and public institutions as well as any job that values clear writing, strong communication skills, research experience, and analytical thinking.
- Teaching: For those interested in history education jobs, the history program cooperates with the Education Department to prepare students for careers in Social Studies education at the Middle Childhood or Adolescent to Young Adult level. Students seeking a license to teach Integrated Social Studies at the 4-8 grade level will have a major in Education. Those interested in a 7-12 grade level license major in History and apply separately for admission to the teacher licensure program through the Education Department once they are enrolled at Otterbein.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early modern Dutch business history
- Gender and African intercontinental empires
- 20th Century Viennese psychoanalysis
- Labor conflict in the American West
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 396 other Bachelors in Ancient History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.