Economists study how markets work and analyze the behavior of organizations. They also investigate the forces and trends that influence our standard of living, the fraction of the population that cannot find work and the rate at which prices rise.
The Economics major at Otterbein University balances theory and application. Real-life experience is integrated in all courses and comes from local, national and international scenes.
The Otterbein Economics degree prepares you to pursue many excellent and rewarding employment opportunities in private, public and nonprofit sectors of the economy. Additionally, a bachelor’s degree in economics offers a solid preparation for graduate education – not only in economics, but also in law, political science, all areas of business, and disciplines with an international focus.
Careers in economics are varied and may include economic and business consulting, labor/trade organizations, banking, insurance, international business, financial planning and analysis, government (federal, state, and local), nonprofit organizations, Federal Reserve system, politics and education.
Many recent Otterbein University graduates who majored in economics are employed with private consulting companies and businesses in Ohio. Others have found employment in the public sector and with labor/trade organizations. Some of our recent graduates have pursued graduate degrees in economics and law at top-level institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis
- Introduction to Econometrics - Writing Intensive
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Natural Sciences View 1170 other Bachelors in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.