The Theatre Design and Technology course from Otterbein University is a four-year sequence of courses in design, theatre technology and visual arts, paired with mainstage production assignments which support the department’s annual season. Most students elect to focus their upper-level study in one or two concentration areas.
From the very first semester of Freshman year, BFA Design & Technology students work in valuable positions on mainstage productions. Under the guidance of expert faculty, staff, and guest artists, students progress from entry-level crew positions to the highest level positions of each technical discipline (including mainstage design roles).
Annual evaluations of and workshops on portfolios & resumes help students understand how to effectively document their work and market themselves to potential employers.
The BFA Design & Technology program is highlighted by a ten week professional internship at a New York or professional Regional theatre for the summer before or one semester during their senior year. The internship is required for completion of the degree, where students gain valuable industry contacts and are often offered permanent employment from their internship experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art History Survey: 15th to 21st Centuries
- Theatre Fundamentals
- Theatre Practicum
- Scenery and Properties Technology
- Costumes Technology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology Theatre & Dance View 798 other Bachelors in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.