People generate a staggering amount of data on a daily basis by visiting websites, posting status updates and photos on social media, using coupons and rewards cards, and through insurance policies and credit card usage. The information from all of these sources are gathered and used to generate a picture of each individual. Companies record consumer activities and purchase reports from data providers. Combining all this data into a central location enables companies to develop products – goods as well as services – that meet their customers’ demands.
This database is commonly referred to as “Big Data.” Companies recognize that the value of Big Data lies not within the data itself but with the person who can interpret the data and recommend products based upon the picture it represents of the customer base. The person who creates this value is known as a business analyst.
Their specialty – business analytics – comprises a variety of activities and requires knowledge and skill in statistics, written communication, presentation, marketin and finance among many fields.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the business analytics profession will increase by more than 20% over the next 10 years, with an expected median salary of more than $60,000. Students can find internships and employment in a variety of fields including politics, retail and distribution, finance, insurance, banking and many other areas.
The Otterbein University Business Analytics degree prepares students for careers in a wide variety of positions in organizations of all sizes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Data Visualization and Reporting
- Database and Networking Design
- Data and Text Mining
- Managing Information Technology
- Legal Environment of Business
- Data Modeling and Management
- Introduction to Programming
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems View 258 other Bachelors in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.