Research and internships will prepare you for any opportunity you encounter. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology majors at Otterbein University are required to complete a research requirement for graduation. This requirement can be fulfilled by a research based laboratory course, independent research studies at Otterbein or in nationally recognized summer research programs.
We also work with students to help match them with area hospitals, veterinarians, dentists, and pharmacists to provide the relevant internship and volunteer experience that is so crucial for future success.
Following graduation, many of our students enter graduate programs in the sciences, medicine, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, physician’s assistant school, genetic counseling, or optometry. Others enter work directly for biotech companies, area research facilities, and hospitals. This degree also provides a solid foundation for other careers in education, business, marketing, law, and public policy.
The Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major is an interdisciplinary major supported by the Department of Biology and Earth Science and the Department of Chemistry with disciplinary accreditation and approval through the American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Integrative Studies Courses
- Genetics Cell Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 2637 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.