Psychology from Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) aims to enhance students skills in communication, quantitative analysis, and critical reasoning and to prepare them fulfill their roles as responsible members of their families, community and society generally.
Graduates with Psychology from Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) will be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- weigh evidence, tolerate ambiguity, act ethically, and reflect other values that are the underpinnings of psychology as a discipline.
- demonstrate information competence and the ability to use computers and other technology for many purposes.
- communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- recognize, understand, and respect the complexity of sociocultural and international diversity.
- develop insight into their own and others’ behavior and mental processes and apply effective strategies for self-management and self-improvement.
- emerge from the major with realistic ideas about how to implement their psychological knowledge, skills and values in occupational pursuits in a variety of settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Psychology
- Advanced General Psychology
- Elementary Statistics
- Abnormal Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Psychology Of The Exceptional Child
- Psychological Testing
- Childhood Therapies & Treatments
- Developmental Psychology
- Black Psychology
- Mental Disorders
- Sensation And Perception
- Crisis & Group Counseling
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1462 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- At least 17 of the 19 units of the Louisiana Board of Regents High School Core Curriculum
- No more than one developmental course, minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 , core GPA of 2.0, and ACT composite score of at least 20.
- ACT composite score of at least 23 and no more than one developmental course needed.
International8900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4450 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National8900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4450 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State7198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3599 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.