The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (R.N. to B.S.) at Mercy College New York is designed for registered nurses who have an associate's degree or who have graduated from a diploma program in nursing, and are planning to return to school for a bachelor's degree.
The programs offered are RN-B.S. and RN-B.S. online only (tuition is reduced).
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Integrate concepts from liberal arts and sciences as the basis for nursing education and the practice of professional nursing
- Demonstrate leadership strategies that promote quality improvement, client safety, and organizational effectiveness that promotes health
- Understand the levels of evidence that guide evidence based practice in professional nursing
- Explore ethical management of data, information, knowledge, and technology to facilitate professional nursing care
- Investigate healthcare policies and practices that influence professional nursing and the general population while promoting advocacy and social justice particularly for the vulnerable
- Examine the implications of inter-professional communication and collaboration in improving health outcomes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contmp Topics Prof Nursing
- Transcultural Nursing
- Nurs Resrch Evdnc Bsd Prof Nur
- Nursing Informatics
- Intro to Health Policy
- Leadership & Management
- Path/Clinic Reasoning Nursing
- Hlth Assessment/Hlth Promotion
- Statistics for Nurses
- Community Health Nursing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 685 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Students must submit a high school transcript for their application to be reviewed. We will accept either an unofficial or official transcript. Students are able to upload these transcripts through our student portal.
- An official final high school transcript (provided by the high school to Mercy College), which includes all secondary school grades, class rank and date of graduate must be submitted prior to enrollment.
- Students whose transcripts are unavailable should consult with an admissions counselor. Or, the applicant can provide a High School Equivalency Diploma, if applicable, with corresponding score sheet.
International19578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9789 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National19578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9789 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.