The Bachelor of Arts in English at Mercy College New York graduate can have for any career or profession. It offers a way to discover, enjoy and reflect on universal themes in great literature that show us what it means to be human. In addition, it fosters the ability to communicate effectively: to write correctly, to read and think critically, and to speak effectively. These are the skills that provide a clear advantage for success in a business or profession.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Produce writing in a variety of rhetorical modes using appropriate grammatical and stylistic conventions
- Read literary texts closely and analytically
- Employ logic, creativity, originality, and interpretive skills in oral, written, and/or online discussions
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of English literary genres and traditions as well as the devices, concepts, and contexts associated with them
- Conduct academic research by evaluating sources and utilizing correct citation methods
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Classical Literature
- The Bible as Literature
- Shakespeare in Music & Drama
- Shakespeare's Tragedies
- Masterpieces of European Lit
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 2961 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must submit a high school transcript for their application to be reviewed. We will accept either an unofficial or official transcript. Students are able to upload these transcripts through our student portal.
- An official final high school transcript (provided by the high school to Mercy College), which includes all secondary school grades, class rank and date of graduate must be submitted prior to enrollment.
- Students whose transcripts are unavailable should consult with an admissions counselor. Or, the applicant can provide a High School Equivalency Diploma, if applicable, with corresponding score sheet.
International19578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9789 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9789 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.