Why earn a degree in allied health?
Allied health professionals represent 60% of all healthcare providers, and the U.S. Department of Labor projects that healthcare careers will grow 19% from 2014 to 2024. That adds approximately 2.3 million new jobs and plenty of job security. In addition, an increasing number of jobs in allied health require people with bachelor’s and graduate degrees.
In addition, a degree in allied health will prepare you to:
- Join and lead interdisciplinary teams to facilitate comprehensive and coordinated treatment outcomes
- Consider environmental, socioeconomic, behavioral and biological conditions when formulating and implementing health treatment plans
- Deliver healthcare services and aid in disease prevention
- Effectively utilize the latest technologies in healthcare service delivery
- Be culturally competent with regard to healthcare practices specific to patient values and beliefs
The Bachelor of Science in Allied Health
The Allied Health program of SUNY Empire State College is a flexible, affordable program specifically designed for working allied health professionals. It includes eight online core courses, in addition to electives and general learning coursework, which you can complete online or onsite at any regionally accredited institution.
- Educational Planning: Transition to Baccalaureate Health Professions
- The United States Health Systems
- Communication for Professionals
- Cultural Competency in Health Care
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Health Informatics View 2194 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Proof of high school completion
- Application essay
- Official transcripts from all institutions listed on the application
- A nonrefundable orientation fee
- Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate that they have sufficient English proficiency to study at Empire State College
- Foreign educational documents must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service and original evaluation reports submitted directly to the college. Copies of evaluation will not be accepted
International10943 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 353 USD per credit during 48 months.
National10943 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 353 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9145 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 295 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.