Students focus in acting, singing, and dancing while enriching their knowledge on the practice of theatre. The Viterbo University Music Theatre program is an excellent choice for those who aspire to become professional artists.
- Demonstrate the ability to act, i.e., to project one's self believably in work and action into imaginary circumstances in roles in a wide variety of styles and formats
- Demonstrate a flexible, strong, and controlled voice with trained breath support; appropriate vocal range and freedom from vocal and postural tension in rehearsal and performance; the student will also demonstrate the ability to project the voice effectively in theatre spaces of varying sizes
- Demonstrate musicianship by learning accurate rhythm, pitch, phrasing, tempi, and appropriate vocal style that is consistent with performance practice in their vocal repertoire
- Demonstrate physical competence in dance and movement
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of basic production elements, including a thorough command of make-up for a variety of characters
- Demonstrate knowledge of musical theatre repertory, the history of its development and the relationship of this history to styles of performance
- Demonstrate effective audition techniques
- Fundamentals of Dance
- Modern Dance
- Musical Theatre Dance
- Tap Dance
- Jazz Dance
- Piano Proficiency
- Music Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Early application is encouraged.
DisciplinesMusic Theatre & Dance View 2266 other Bachelors in Music in United States
- Four units of English
- Three units of mathematics (two years of algebra is explicitly required for all nursing and dietetics students; calculus is recommended, but not required, as a prerequisite for engineering students)
- Three units of natural science
- Three units of social science or history
- Three units of elective credits
- Submission of a high school transcript (or equivalent documentation) is required.
- Letters of recommendation, personal statements, resumes, or essay samples are encouraged for new incoming freshmen, but they are not universally required for admission review.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29230 USD per year during 48 months.
National29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29230 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for La Crosse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.