Accounting major of Shepherd University requires 42 credit hours of core courses (e.g., math, English, history, science) and 78 credit hours of accounting and business administration courses. Some students choose to double major in economics or business administration.
The faculty believe that the comprehensive major better prepares students for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam as evidenced by having had the highest pass rates on the CPA exam within the State of West Virginia for multiple years and ranking nationally with a 66.7 percent pass rate for first-time takers in 2018.
Additionally, students may fulfill the 150 hour CPA licensure requirement by completing the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree at Shepherd University. By enrolling in the M.B.A. 4+1 program as an undergraduate, a student may obtain a Bachelor’s degree and a M.B.A. degree within 5 years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting
- Income Tax
- Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
for national :
Early Action Deadline: November 15
Regular Admission Deadline: Rolling
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 1110 other Bachelors in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Shepherd University application or apply through the Common App.
- Submit the $45 application fee or an approved application fee waiver.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED to Shepherd either electronically to email@example.com or via mail to:
Office of Admissions
PO Box 5000
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
- (Optional) Send your SAT or ACT scores. (SAT code: 5615, ACT code: 4532).
- It is recommended that you submit a personal statement with your application. Personal statements can be typed into the online application, mailed, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International18224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18224 USD per year during 48 months.
National18224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18224 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7784 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.