Philosophy at University of Findlay prepares individuals to use ideas and theories to address real-world issues in areas such as education, business, law, public policy, health care and the environment. Students may select a major or minor in applied philosophy or a minor in applied ethics. Additionally, individualized programs of study can be created in consultation with a faculty adviser.
Philosophy courses at the University of Findlay are consciously designed to be relevant for students, regardless of the person’s occupational or career interests. This process allows students to develop their skills of comprehension, communication and reasoning.
What philosophy majors study:
- Human values and morality
- Existence of God
- Law government and citizenship
- Social justice
- Nature of reality apart from what it appears to be
- Logic and Language
- Appearance and Reality
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Experiential Learning in Philosophy
- Capstone Course
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics General Studies & Classics View 766 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an Undergraduate application.
- Original and official credentials showing completion of required secondary school work, or work completed through at least the first term of the final year.
- If you are a freshman applicant with LESS THAN 30 undergraduate credit hours completed, you need to provide original and official credentials showing completion of secondary school and any university coursework completed.
- If you are a transfer applicant with MORE THAN 30 undergraduate credit hours, you must submit your original and official university transcripts. You do not need to provide secondary school credentials.
- If you are an undergraduate student applying for a second bachelor's degree, you need to provide credentials showing completion and awarding of bachelor's degree.
International36236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18118 USD per semester during 48 months.
National36236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18118 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Findlay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.