Study atoms, molecules, and cells. Learn how matter transforms, and what it transforms into.
Practice and gain oral presentation and communication skills, and have the chance to practice in real-life situations. You’ll gain skills in understanding scientific literature, and how to uncover and understand relevant and reliable information from the web, whilst gaining critical thinking skills in the process.
Biochemistry majors bring the sciences of biology and chemistry together.
As a student of the Biochemistry major from Saint Mary's College of Maryland, you will:
- Learn how to analyze scientific knowledge
- Learn the technical and intellectual skills needed to produce innovative ideas in problem-solving
- Learn about and take on the skills and techniques of modern experimental scientists
- Evaluate the impact of technology in relation to ethics
- Be aware of current events and current biological and chemical discoveries
- Develop the ability to take all you have learned, complete your own research, and successfully communicate the results
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Principles of Biology
- Principles of Biology I Lab
- Genetics Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 3116 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Saint Mary's College of Maryland and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The Application
- Official transcript of high school
- Standardized test scores (NOT required)
- $50 application fee (Note: Fee waived for all first-generation applicants and for students with a fee waiver)
International28192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 USD per year during 48 months.
National28192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12116 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.