You want a future with a wide range of opportunities including careers in healthcare, industry, research, and environmental biology. Biology may be the major for you.
The Biology major at Utica College educates students about life science by helping them to become active scientists. Students benefit from extremely personalized training and an innovative curriculum that features a strong focus on research methodology, hands-on learning, and rich opportunities for both laboratory and field research, both independently and with faculty.
Students can earn research credit, gain valuable field and lab experience, and publish their research in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Many biology professors have been honored with the college's awards for distinguished teaching, research, or both.
- Students will find abundant opportunities to explore laboratory and field biology. Coursework spans modern biology disciplines from molecular and cellular biology to organismal biology, evolution, behavior, and field ecology.
- Students perform field studies in the nearby Adirondacks and employ state-of-the-art recombinant DNA techniques in gene cloning and mapping experiments in our laboratories.
- Students have discovered new gene functions at the nearby Masonic Medical Research Laboratory. Utica College biology students present their research at international, national, state, regional, and local conferences and publish their research findings in the scientific literature.
- Student research has been internationally recognized by various media and supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, the National Geographic Society, the New York Energy and Development Authority, and Sigma Xi.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The biology curriculum is designed to provide a thorough education in classic principles and techniques, and enables students to apply these tools and concepts to contemporary issues.
- It also provides flexibility and the opportunity to explore both field and laboratory courses, from molecular to ecosystem level biology.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry View 2874 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts (mark sheets) of all secondary and post secondary academic work along with an explanation of the grading system (in English)
- Tests of English language proficiency
- One letter of recommendation
- Offical examination results for school finishing or leaving examinations
- Copy of Passport
International21560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21560 USD per year during 48 months.
National21560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21560 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Utica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.