The Biochemistry program at Salve Regina University provides a strong foundation in the basic principles of chemistry and biochemistry, engaging students in challenging coursework while offering practical, hands-on experience through laboratory sessions and research.
These projects give students the unique opportunity to not only conduct independent research with our faculty, but also learn about the dissemination of new knowledge firsthand - and often have their results published in scientific journals.
Our graduates possess the critical, creative thinking and analytical skills needed for success in an array of careers, including medicine, biotechnology, law, forensic and environmental science and education. Many have gained admission to leading graduate schools for medicine, pharmaceutical science, law and other professions.
Life After SalveIn the workforce:
- Research and development: Positions range from technicians to project leaders.
- Medicine: Our programs provide excellent preparation for medical school, dental school, veterinary school or an advanced degree in biochemistry.
- Forensic science: Chemists work for law enforcement organizations in the analysis of crime scene evidence.
- Materials: Chemists are in high demand at companies involved in polymers (plastics), semiconductors, ceramics, glasses, alloys and composite materials.
- Environmental science: Chemists work in environmental testing firms, environmental remediation, emission control, chemical safety and in government regulatory agencies.
- Drug design and discovery: Chemists investigate drug metabolism and interaction and develop new drugs. Clinical chemists develop new lab tests for diagnosis and treatment.
- Energy: Chemists are developing improved batteries for electric-powered vehicles, converting coal to cleaner and more efficient fuels, capturing sunlight for electricity or fuel, and discovering other renewable energy methods.
- Quality control: At consumer product companies, chemists analyze both raw materials and finished products to ensure that they meet strict specifications.
- Technical sales and service: Manufacturers of scientific instruments or equipment, chemicals or products based on chemicals require technically trained sales representatives.
- Technical and science writing: Industries require skilled and knowledgeable writers to create product descriptions, operating manuals and training materials.
- Business management: Our programs provide an excellent background for a management career in the scientific industry.
- Pharmaceutical sales: Pharmaceutical companies require scientifically qualified personnel to explain their products to pharmacies and physicians.
- Government: Many chemists are employed in government civilian and military research laboratories, and at regulatory agencies including FDA and OSHA.
- Art conservation: A small but interesting field for chemists is the conservation, restoration and authentication of art and artifacts.
- Advanced Biochemistry
- General Biology
- Genetics: Classical, Molecular and Population
- General Chemistry
- Cell Biology and Chemistry
- Topics in Chemistry and Research Capstone
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 3015 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application.
- $50 application fee.
- Official high school transcript, including grades from the senior year.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a school counselor and one from the teacher of your choice).
- Personal essay.
- SAT/ACT scores (our CEEB code is 3759).
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a college counselor/advisor and the other from a teacher who has taught you in an academic subject, such as English, mathematics, science or social studies.
International44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 USD per year during 48 months.
National44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.