Students from the Westminster College Salt Lake City Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Dance will also develop an understanding of how dance functions as a powerful vehicle for community/cultural development, and appreciate the role of the arts in fostering social change.They will demonstrate mastery of improvisation, composition, and production elements (venue, lighting, sound, costuming, audience), in order to show deep understanding of human role of movement in societies.
What You'll Learn
Through this program students will:
- Develop advanced skills in dance
- Understand the role of the human body in dance (anatomy/kinesiology/growth)
- Create powerful original work through movement
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology to capture dance processes and products
- Augment the visual and aural components of dance production
- Become sensitive evaluators of dance processes and concert dance productions
- Demonstrate an understanding of formal and informal global dance trends
- Comprehend how dance functions within the context of community cultural development
- Gain knowledge of key individuals, companies, and contexts of Western theatrical dance, non-Western world dance traditions, and the role of the arts in diverse societies
- Increase your artistic creativity, understand how to draw inspiration from visual and aural stimuli, and be able to lead others through this process
- Understand the internal workings of arts and community organizations and how cultural policy impacts these organizations Students will be able to manage and produce formal and informal dance concerts, effectively teach dance, use digital platforms to showcase dance events, and create dance projects with diverse populations (e.g., youth, individuals with disabilities, senior citizen centers, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dance History
- Dance Pedagogy
- Anatomy and Kinesiology for Dance
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 1968 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application for admission.
- Personal statement or essay (optional).
- Official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools and any necessary translations.
- International students who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency by submitting official scores from one of four standardized tests: SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS. Test date must be within two years of application for scores to be valid. See English Proficiency Policy below for details.
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or teacher, upon request.
International37960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37960 USD per year during 48 months.
National37960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37960 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.