Courses of the University of La Verne’s Music programme allow students to develop critical understandings of artistic expression as an essential part of life, while ensembles sponsored by the department offer everyone in the La Verne community the chance to participate in jazz, orchestra, chamber groups, pep band, and chorale performances, sometimes around the world.
Students may choose to either major or minor to learn the skills necessary for today’s musicians, with concentrations available in performance, history, and theory/composition. The Music Department has a unique relationship with the university in that students from all disciplines are invited and encouraged to participate in all classes, ensembles, and applied lessons. We give the opportunity to initiate and/or continue development of musical talent and interest to everyone.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Theory
- History of Western Music
- Music of the United States
- World Music
- Theory, History, or Conducting
- Piano Proficiency
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University of La Verne is on rolling admission. Applications received after the priority deadlines will be considered as space permits.
DisciplinesMusic View 2097 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission and Application Fee. Complete an application using the La Verne Application for Admission or the Common Application and submit the non-refundable $50 application fee or application fee waiver if you have one.
- Personal Statement. The personal statement essay allows us to learn a little more about you. Essay topics can be found in the application.
- Official High School Transcripts. Submit your transcripts to the Office of Admission. We will accept unofficial transcripts for admission consideration, but we will need final official transcripts directly from your school once you graduate.
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional). One letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor where you are currently enrolled or most recently attended. You can find recommendation forms in the application.
- SAT or ACT Test Scores (Optional).
International44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.