Designed for a variety of students, including those who are seeking personal enrichment, the English program from University of La Verne are appropriate as preparation for careers in education, law, business, or human relations, and for graduate study in literature.
The approach is through a close study of language and literature as a discourse upon and communication of human concerns and values, with emphasis as well on the distinctive imaginative and aesthetic qualities of literary texts.
To complete an English major a student must demonstrate the ability to read and analyze critically the major genres, to write clearly and coherently, to understand and use basic linguistic concepts, to employ intelligently the vocabulary of literary study, and to be able to relate major events in literary history to the world at large.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Foundation of Linguistics
- Introduction to Literary Criticism
- English Literature : Beginning to 1790
- American Literature
- Myth in Literature
- The American Novel
- Senior Examination
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University of La Verne is on rolling admission. Applications received after the priority deadlines will be considered as space permits.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 1951 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission and Application Fee. Complete an application using the La Verne Application for Admission or the Common Application and submit the non-refundable $50 application fee or application fee waiver if you have one.
- Personal Statement. The personal statement essay allows us to learn a little more about you. Essay topics can be found in the application.
- Official High School Transcripts. Submit your transcripts to the Office of Admission. We will accept unofficial transcripts for admission consideration, but we will need final official transcripts directly from your school once you graduate.
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional). One letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor where you are currently enrolled or most recently attended. You can find recommendation forms in the application.
- SAT or ACT Test Scores (Optional).
International44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.