The Educational Studies major from University of La Verne is unique in that the curriculum includes the practical application for teaching subject-matter content areas in elementary and middle school classrooms. Educational Studies graduates are well-versed in educational philosophies and practices, making for an easy transition to a teaching credential program.
Steps to Becoming an Elementary School Teacher
- Complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Complete Teaching Credential Program prerequisites as an undergraduate: public speaking, American Government and Health Education.
- Pass CBEST or pass CSET: Multiple Subjects AND CSET: Writing Skills tests.
- Pass CSET: Multiple Subjects.
- Complete a state-approved Teaching Credential Program, including Student Teaching.
- Pass RICA after completing the reading methodology courses in the Teaching Credential Program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- College Writing
- College Writing and Research
- Curriculum Development for Early Childhood Education
- Child, Family, and Community
- Child Psychology & Development
- Writing for Child Development
- Parenting Theory in Cultural Contexts
- Early Childhood Practicum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University of La Verne is on rolling admission. Applications received after the priority deadlines will be considered as space permits.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy View 3333 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission and Application Fee. Complete an application using the La Verne Application for Admission or the Common Application and submit the non-refundable $50 application fee or application fee waiver if you have one.
- Personal Statement. The personal statement essay allows us to learn a little more about you. Essay topics can be found in the application.
- Official High School Transcripts. Submit your transcripts to the Office of Admission. We will accept unofficial transcripts for admission consideration, but we will need final official transcripts directly from your school once you graduate.
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional). One letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor where you are currently enrolled or most recently attended. You can find recommendation forms in the application.
- SAT or ACT Test Scores (Optional).
International44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.