Students of the Anthropology program from University of La Verne can choose to emphasize forensic anthropology through an emphasis on Forensic Investigation and Identification. The Core Courses provide students with a combination of theoretical, methodological, applied and research design knowledge and skills that are the foundation of anthropology’s four fields. The Breadth Requirements ground students in all of the content areas that inform the anthropological quest to understand the essence of humanness. Electives allow them to continue in the four field tradition, or to explore one of the four fields in more depth.
The program includes opportunities for hands-on experience doing fieldwork in both local communities and abroad, and with anthropological collections including:
- contemporary and fossil ape and human skeletal casts/materials,
- 2 to 10,000 year old stone tools from local Paleo-Indian sites,
- Tarahumara cultural artifacts from Mexico,
- prehistoric materials from Micronesia in the Pacific, and
- local historical artifacts dating from the early days of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anthropological Writing
- Anthropological Theory
- Biological Anthropology
- Ethnographic Field Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University of La Verne is on rolling admission. Applications received after the priority deadlines will be considered as space permits.
DisciplinesAnthropology History Ancient History View 612 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission and Application Fee. Complete an application using the La Verne Application for Admission or the Common Application and submit the non-refundable $50 application fee or application fee waiver if you have one.
- Personal Statement. The personal statement essay allows us to learn a little more about you. Essay topics can be found in the application.
- Official High School Transcripts. Submit your transcripts to the Office of Admission. We will accept unofficial transcripts for admission consideration, but we will need final official transcripts directly from your school once you graduate.
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional). One letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor where you are currently enrolled or most recently attended. You can find recommendation forms in the application.
- SAT or ACT Test Scores (Optional).
International44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.