Embedded systems consist of one to many computers within other products such as aircraft, automobiles, communication switching systems, networking components, biomedical instrumentation, and industrial automation systems. These systems are characterized by the use of digital electronic hardware and software in performing useful tasks.
We offer a bachelor degree in Computer Engineering at University of Wisconsin Madison. Computer software in combination with digital integrated circuits provides the foundation for the current revolution in computers and communications. This focus on software and digital hardware distinguishes the computer engineer from the electrical engineer.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Signals, Information, and Computation
- Introductory Experience in Electrical Engineering
- Analytical Methods for Electromagnetics Engineering
- Circuit Analysis
- Introduction to Computer Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Early Action: November 1
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 626 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Course And Grade Information From Grades 9-12
- Official Test Scores: Scores From Either The Act Or The Sat Are Required And Must Be Sent Directly From The Testing Agency
- Two Essays: Tell Us About Your Academic And Personal Achievements
- One Required Letter Of Recommendation
- Additional Materials: Even After Your Application Is Complete We May Request Additional Supporting Materials Such As Self-reported Grades, Academic Performance Statements, And Course Change Documentation
International38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38634 USD per year during 48 months.
National38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38634 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10746 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.