At the University of Wisconsin Madison we offer a bachelor degree in Classical Humanities. Students study Greek, Latin, or Biblical Hebrew in two or four semester combinations, and they choose from a wide selection of complementary courses, including topics in art, architecture, archaeology, history, literature, philosophy, and politics. In addition to supporting their language study, these subjects enable our majors to develop a more comprehensive understanding of the ancient world.
To support classical humanities majors at the University of Wisconsin Madison, as they pursue their educational goals, CANES provides annual scholarship opportunities. We also offer a summer study abroad program led by members of our faculty. Learn more under "Resources and Scholarships."
- Gain knowledge of the ancient Roman, Greek, and Near Eastern civilizations.
- Gain competency with contemporary scholarly questions surrounding their historical significance and interpretation.
- Develop critical methodologies, including the ability to engage in source criticism and to approach ancient civilizations on their own terms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legacy of Greece and Rome in Modern Culture
- The Ancient Mediterranean
- Ancient Greek and Roman Monsters
- Greek and Latin Origins of Medical Terms
- Introduction to Biblical Literature
- Biblical Poetry in Translation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Early Action: November 1
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 510 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Course And Grade Information From Grades 9-12
- Official Test Scores: Scores From Either The Act Or The Sat Are Required And Must Be Sent Directly From The Testing Agency
- Two Essays: Tell Us About Your Academic And Personal Achievements
- One Required Letter Of Recommendation
- Additional Materials: Even After Your Application Is Complete We May Request Additional Supporting Materials Such As Self-reported Grades, Academic Performance Statements, And Course Change Documentation
International38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38634 USD per year during 48 months.
National38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38634 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10746 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.