At Toy Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY you will study child development and psychology, design and engineering of hard and soft toys, game design, model making, product materials, and safety considerations. You'll create three-dimensional renderings using industry-standard computer applications. And you will understand the business of toys, from manufacturing to branding and promotion.
Graduates with Toy Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- explain child safety and testing requirements and be able to apply this knowledge to select appropriate materials;
- determine appropriate manufacturing methods to satisfy specific design and safety requirements, as well as produce a product that stands up to the rigors of normal use and foreseeable abuse;
- design and invent innovative products that will have a lasting impact on children by respecting their intelligence and reflecting their play needs;
- utilize technology to enhance content and the play experience;
- identify and analyze play patterns as they relate to children’s developmental and emotional needs;
- demonstrate, through a structured summer internship, skills required by the industry, such as the ability to work to deadlines, problem-solving, teamwork, and presentation and communication skills, with a focus on contributing to a company’s product development;
- display technical drawing and illustration skills at a professional level; and
- design children’s products within relevant, timely, innovative product categories that are determined by market trends and buyer behavior.
- Toy Design and Product Rendering
- Drafting and Technical Drawing
- The Toy Industry: Methods and Materials
- Anatomy for Toy Deseners
- Developmental Psychology
- Soft Toy and Doll Design
- Model Making and 3D Prototyping
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Graphic Design View 164 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 48 months.
- State Residents: $3585 per semester
- Out-of-state residents: $10,846 per semester
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.