As a naval architect, you will be responsible for designing strong, stable, seaworthy and effective vessels. To prepare you for that important role, Maritime’s talented faculty will teach you specialized and technical knowledge and skills.
At the SUNY Maritime College we offer a bachelor degree in Naval Architecture. Before you graduate, you will spend your last year and a half working on a special capstone project in which you and a team of other students design your own unique vessel.
Naval Architecture blends math, physics and other physical science courses, with a variety of different engineering disciplines. Many of your professors are active naval architects and others have years of industry experience.
Electrical Engineering graduates at Maritime College will possess:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to the traditional coursework, students at Maritime have unique opportunities to apply what they learn through hands-on training and education.
- If you are interested in working onboard a commercial vessel, you may pursue a U.S. Coast Guard deck or engine license. If you choose to pursue a license, you will work and sail onboard the college Training Ship Empire State VI.
- Both license programs also require membership in the college’s regiment of cadets. Earning a Coast Guard license does not require military service.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Transportation Engineering View 285 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the application. Apply online using the SUNY Application or Common Application.
- All academic credentials must have an official seal, stamp or signature of a school or government official, and be submitted in the original language (if not in English, it must be accompanied by an exactly worded and certified translation). Upon receipt of your documents we may require further evaluation. All foreign academic transcripts must be evaluated by WES or a NACES approved evaluation service, and translated into English.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- 250 word essay or personal statement.
- Submit your English Proficiency test scores via an official score report for the TOEFL or SAT or ACT or IELTS. Please note that TOEFL and IELTS scores are not valid past two years.
International17527 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17527 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National18650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18650 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State13695 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13695 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.