The Biochemistry program at Marymount University provides excellent preparation for medical, dental, or veterinary school, or for graduate study in biochemistry, molecular biology, or another biological or health discipline.
Students in the biochemistry program at Marymount University acquire a strong foundation in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics. Upon successful completion of the program, they are able to
- comprehend the breadth of current concepts in biochemistry and molecular genetics;
- critically evaluate scientific literature;
- formulate hypotheses and develop, conduct, and interpret a research plan; and
- demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge gained.
In addition, graduates of the program will have the critical thinking and quantitative reasoning skills to recognize, analyze, and solve biological problems; the communication skills to explain key scientific findings clearly; and the ability to recognize the ethical implications of scientific issues in society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Biology
- Genetics for Majors
- Cellular Biology
- Nucleic Acids: Structure, Function, and Metabolism
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority deadline - 1 March
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 889 other Masters in Genetics in United States
All applicants must submit the following items to be considered for admission:
- a completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee of $40
- the recommendation form completed by a high school counselor or other appropriate school official
- evidence of graduation or expected graduation from an accredited high school (Marymount will also consider on a case-by-case basis students who have participated in an approved home-school program)
- a high school transcript showing academic performance and a minimum of 15 high school credits in preparatory courses
International34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
National34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Arlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.