Particular emphasis is placed on offering courses that facilitate students’ acquisition of knowledge about the history of Black people. The history program prepares students to investigate the human past and hone their skills in analysis and argumentation through the study of primary sources and critical reading of the theoretical debates among historians.
Students have the opportunity to conduct research with faculty as well as independent projects informed by diverse, holistic, and culturally sensitive theories and methodologies. The program pushes students to refine their written and verbal communication skills as well as develop expertise in the use of technology to create digital humanities tools and products. The Morehouse emphasis on character development and leadership is aided by courses on the history of the civil rights and human rights movements.
Our program provides instruction, research, internships, counseling, and extracurricular activities that offer students greater understanding of the world.
The History program at Morehouse College prepares students for graduate study and law school as well as for careers in public history, historic preservation, government, the ministry, business, teaching, public advocacy, media commentary, and social analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thematically, the Department focuses on the areas of social justice, leadership, and globalization. At the heart of the Department's work will be helping students think historically and helping them develop their reading, writing, and argumentative skills.
- To do this, the Department will create an engaged, research-based learning environment with the classroom as a center of informed dialogue about historical issues. With this as the hub, spokes will connect students to a large world of ideas and develop them into a generation of Morehouse Men prepared for the exciting yet uncertain challenges of the 21st century.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 1925 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete Admissions Application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official High School Transcript
- Counselor/School Evaluation Form
- Official SAT or ACT scores without Writing
- TOEFL (required of applicants from countries where English is not the native language)
- Teacher Recommendation
- Affidavit of Support & Bank Statement
- Admissions Inteview Instructions
International27038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27038 USD per year during 48 months.
National27038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27038 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.