Central College (Iowa)'s Political Science program lets you benefit from professors’ expertise in areas such as American and international politics.
You'll learn about government rules and institutions, and how individuals and groups interact at local, state, national and international levels through coursework and practical experience. Students of the Political Science major from Central College (Iowa) learn to do original research and undertake civic engagement projects that allow them to connect with professionals and develop a resume of experience. Many students also take part in experiential and service-learning projects or career-focused internships in Washington, D.C., Des Moines or while studying abroad.
We will work one-on-one with you to select and apply for an internship that will complement your courses and enhance your career prospects. Students are placed in governmental and non-governmental positions at local, state and national levels in the U.S., as well as in governmental and non-governmental positions at our study abroad sites, including at the British Parliament, United Nations and U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.
Recent internship examples include:
- Akerman Senterfitt, government relations department law firm, Washington, D.C.
- British Parliament, London
- Iowa Governor's Office, Des Moines
- White House, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Senate, Washington, D.C.
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago, Ill.
- U.S. Embassy, Santiago, Chile
- Iowa Attorney General's office, Des Moines
- United Nations Commission International Trade and Law, Vienna, Austria
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Politics
- International Politics
- Political Science Research Methods
- Research Seminar
- Contemporary Europe
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1244 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Will have graduated from an accredited high school or equivalent by the time of their enrollment in Central College.
- Rank in the upper half of their high school graduating class.
- Have ACT or SAT-I scores high enough to predict probable success at Central.
International19250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19250 USD per year during 48 months.
National19250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19250 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.