- Art History majors at the Hollins University progress through chronologically oriented survey courses into
- upper-level seminars and research projects. The program stresses individual student research and active leadership roles for students in small seminars.
- The art history major culminates in the senior seminar, an overview of the critical issues of the discipline, as well as in the writing of a senior paper and the public presentation of each senior’s research.
- The curriculum is enriched through lectures and seminars by distinguished visiting art historians as well as by the Eleanor D. Wilson Museum program. All majors are encouraged to travel.
- Art history majors are encouraged to pursue internships in fields such as museum work, art galleries and auction houses, arts administration, architecture, historic preservation, and interior design, fields in which many majors find employment after graduation. Hollins art history majors have a 100-percent success rate at gaining acceptance into graduate programs in these fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ancient Art
- Medieval Art
- Renaissance and Baroque Art
- Modern Art
- Critical Methods of Art History
- Senior Art History Paper
- Senior Art History Symposium
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 843 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official copy of your academic record (transcript).
- This must list the courses taken and grades received in each grading period during the secondary school years.
- The record must be mailed to the Hollins’ Office of Admission by the school official.
- This transcript of courses must have your secondary school’s official stamp or seal.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor at your school.
International39360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39360 USD per year during 24 months.
National39360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39360 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.