The Liberal Education for Arts Professionals program at Saint Mary's College of California is specifically designed to deliver a comprehensive liberal arts education to professional dancers and performing artists from around the country, with the goal of completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Performing Arts from Saint Mary's College of California through part-time study.
Mission and Learning Outcomes
LEAP endeavors to provide higher education of exceptional quality to professional dancers, a community for whom access to college has been traditionally rare or impractical.
In alignment with Saint Mary’s core values and traditions, LEAP makes it possible for dancers to prepare intellectually and emotionally for a meaningful life beyond dance performance by offering them the chance to explore different disciplines, develop multiple perspectives, discover new passions, and become confident, lifelong learners.
The individual course learning outcomes also reflect the larger LEAP program goals for student learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Western Tradition
- Argument and Research
- The Art and Practice of Math
- Global Conversation of the 20th and 21st Centuries
- Human Biology
- Personal and Professional Assessment
- The Bible and Its Interpretation: Wealth, Poverty and Economic Justice
- Dance in Performance
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Teaching View 1962 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Completed application and $50 fee.
- A personal statement addressing your artistic achievements, your professional and educational goals, and how you believe a BA in Performing Arts through the LEAP Program will help you achieve those goals. Uploaded document should be 2-3 pages, 12 pt. font, double spaced.
- Current resume which shows at least 2 years of paid professional experience.
- Official high school transcript, and official transcripts from any colleges and universities attended. (Unofficial documents may be uploaded to the application, with the official [sealed] documents to follow. Please list Saint Mary's College of California as the recipient for your official transcripts.)
- One Letter of Recommendation. This will be requested virtually through our application process.
- Professional Performance & Applied Dance Technique Documentation:
International30500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National30500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
- cost for the ten LEAP Core courses and ten Additional Courses for the Major (70 units)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.