The Nursing program at Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology will serve as a solid academic foundation for advanced study in nursing at the graduate level. The BS in Nursing program is offered in an online format, providing flexibility and learning style choices for the adult student and working professional.
The graduate will be prepared to assume a leadership role in the health care delivery system using gained experience, research, and technology for evidence-based decision making. The baccalaureate graduate will be able to deliver, design, and coordinate care for a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds to improve client outcomes.
The core foundation nursing courses are arranged to increase the student's knowledge base and skill level for the expanded role as a baccalaureate-prepared practitioner.
A professional capstone course (NURS 8013) is required as a culminating educational experience of the BS in Nursing program. To further advance the student's knowledge base and skill level, there are clinical components integrated within the program.
Meeting the needs of registered nurses seeking a bachelor's degree, the BS in Nursing program is offered primarily as an online format. This provides flexibility and learning style choices for the adult student and working professional.
A computer with internet access, webcam, and Microsoft Office is required for the nursing program. Written work must be submitted in Word and APA format.
Students are permitted to repeat an upper-level (5000 or higher) nursing core course one time only. If a student is unsuccessful in the same nursing course twice, they will be unable to progress in the nursing program.
Bachelor-level students are expected to write at a BS level proficiency, using APA format. Writing proficiency, grammar, spelling, and APA formatting are all essential elements of every nursing course. Failure to write at a BS level may result in failure of nursing course work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Nursing
- Informtics&Tech App in Healthcare
- Ethical Issues in Health Care
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing View 630 other Bachelors in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess a recognized high school diploma or its equivalent (please note that distance learning degrees/diplomas do not satisfy this requirement for New York State residents). Verification must be supplied to the Admissions Office. A score of 2700 or better on the TASC exam or a 2500 on the GED exam is needed for consideration.
- Applications are evaluated individually using a "holistic review" to make the best decision for both the applicant and the college. A variety of factors are considered (e.g., individual program requirements, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, strength of academic program, and extracurricular activities).
- To be considered for admission into programs taught on the Alfred campus, the recommended overall high school average is a 75. For programs taught in the School of Applied Technology (Wellsville campus), the recommended overall average is a 72.
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.