We offer a bachelor degree in Graphic Design at California Institute of the Arts CalArts. The BFA track is centered around core courses supported by a number of required and elective classes, allowing both structure and flexibility within the curriculum, covering all aspects of graphic design practice.
- Each year in residence builds on the experience of the previous as a sequence of additional classes explore image-making, typography and design history. Baseline coursework is followed by more specialized classes in areas such as web design, motion graphics and type design.
- In addition to core studio classes, all candidates in the Program are required to pass a Graduation Portfolio Review in order to complete the program and obtain the BFA degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to CalArts' rich and diverse community and naturally collaborative atmosphere, the Institute provides several programs of study that can be pursued concurrently with a student's chosen metier.
- The Minor is designed to help undergraduate students grasp the knowledge to build, engineer and design innovative custom systems.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGraphic Design View 516 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Your Application and Portfolio
- All transcripts should be uploaded to the application directly on the Academic History section prior to submitting. Applicants should plan ahead and request transcripts as soon as they decide to apply to CalArts.
- Two letters of recommendation are required for BFA programs. At least one recommendation should be written by a person who understands your artistic work. Many MFA programs require three letters of recommendation (please see program-specific requirements in the portfolio/audition section).
International52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52850 USD per year during 48 months.
National52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52850 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.