At the core of the Digital Media and Animation program at Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology is a sequence of studio courses that enhances individual artistic creativity and provides instruction in the traditional arts and industry-standard computer graphics software.
- Students develop critical thinking skills by completing rigorous problem-solving activities.
- Gain experience creating a professional presentation, as well as evaluating, revising, and defending ideas and artistic decisions in presented work.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate adaptability/flexibility with technology.
- Illustrate critical thinking by completing course work.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic through time management and quality works.
- Visually analyze their own work, as well as the work of others, in critiques, presentations, writing, and other activities.
- Apply knowledge of the history and theory relevant to digital media and animation through studio work.
- Communicate verbally using specific terminology associated with the software, hardware, and industry.
- Interactive media
- Digital imaging
- Media Design
- Fine art
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Visual Communication
- 3D Animation
- 3D Design/Color
- Figure and Motion
- Art History
- Intermediate 3D Animation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 750 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess a recognized high school diploma or its equivalent (please note that distance learning degrees/diplomas do not satisfy this requirement for New York State residents). Verification must be supplied to the Admissions Office. A score of 2700 or better on the TASC exam or a 2500 on the GED exam is needed for consideration.
- Applications are evaluated individually using a "holistic review" to make the best decision for both the applicant and the college. A variety of factors are considered (e.g., individual program requirements, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, strength of academic program, and extracurricular activities).
- To be considered for admission into programs taught on the Alfred campus, the recommended overall high school average is a 75. For programs taught in the School of Applied Technology (Wellsville campus), the recommended overall average is a 72.
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.