Students in the Physics program of the East Stroudsburg University can choose between three concentrations.
- The professional concentration provides a strong foundation for graduate work.
- The industrial physics concentration prepares students for careers in industry that require a strong background in physics. The first three years of the industrial physics track mirrors the first three years of the Engineering Transfer Program.
- The earth and space science concentration provides a strong base for future study in one or more of the Earth and space sciences (astronomy, geology, meteorology and oceanography).
The Bachelor of Arts with a physics major is designed for students who seek a broad background in physics. Students can choose between three concentrations.
- The General concentration provides a broad background in physics along with a few courses that examine areas of interest to the student. Typically, this concentration is chosen in coordination with a major in a related field.
- The Secondary Education concentration mirrors the general concentration but also includes seven additional courses in education. A graduate of this program will be eligible for Pennsylvania teacher certification in physics for grades 7-12 (dependent on grade point average and qualifying score on teacher examination).
- The Engineering Transfer dual-degree concentration includes coursework specifically geared to students wishing to pursue an engineering degree. Students in this program typically transfer after three years to a school with an engineering program. Upon completion of an ABET-certified engineering degree (engineering technology degrees are excluded), the student may also be eligible for the ESU degree (contingent upon certain requirements). In addition, under our agreement with Penn State University, students in certain programs who meet additional requirements are guaranteed acceptance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Chemistry
- Basic Electronics
- Quantum Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- National deadline: April 1 (fall)
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Chemistry View 2130 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed International Students Undergraduate Application (online only).
- $25 application fee.
- Completed Financial Support Statement with supporting documentation such as bank statements, employer sponsorship letter, or scholarship/fellowship/assistantship letter.
- All secondary and post secondary academic records, including official evaluations from an agency that is an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Not required if English is your native or primary language.
- Completed Promise to Provide Room and Board form if anyone will be providing room and board for you while a student at ESU.
- If you are already in the United States, you must send a copy of all printed sides of the current I-20 or DS-2019.
International17616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8808 USD per semester during 48 months.
National17616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8808 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4144 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for East Stroudsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.