We get you out of the classroom! International Studies students of Coe College work with children of refugee families in Cedar Rapids. They tutor at the immigrant education agency. They do intake at the immigration legal clinic. They study abroad. And, as seniors, they design and implement their own community-based international projects.
- Believe that contemporary global issues are best understood through an INTERDISCIPLINARY approach. Students gain foundational knowledge in political science, anthropology and economics; and may continue with advanced coursework in these areas as well as in history and many other disciplines. Because of its interdisciplinary framework, International Studies is a quintessentially liberal-arts discipline.
- EXPERIENCE global issues first-hand, on site. For this reason, students of International Studies spend at least one full term in a foreign country on an appropriate program studying international issues.
- SPECIALIZE by selecting a suite of advanced coursework in one of three interdisciplinary topical areas: The Global South, International Relations or Global Cultural Studies (Contemporary European Studies).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to International Studies
- Cultural Anthropology
- World Politics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3329 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Coe College Application or Common Application
- Official results of the SAT or ACT*
- Official high school transcript**
- Admission recommendation (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
- Personal essay (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
International46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
National46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.